- Adult Transplant Hepatology Fellow, Division of Abdominal Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Columbia University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY (2017 - 2018)
- Interventional Endoscopy Fellow and Clinical Instructor of Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, CA (2016 - 2017)
- Gastroenterology fellow and Instructor of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN (2013 - 2016)
- Internal Medicine Resident and Instructor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH (2010 - 2013)
- M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
Government Medical College, Nagpur, India
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, India (2002 - 2009)
About the journey so far:
Dr. Saurabh Mukewar is a consultant Gastroenterologist at Midas Hospital, Nagpur and an adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College, NY. He attended medical college at Government Medical College, Nagpur, India. Following this he moved to USA and trained at the top world-renowned institutions and prestigious universities. He completed his internal medicine residency training at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio and gastroenterology fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota (Rank #1 in US News Best Hospitals*). In addition, he also finished two advanced fellowships - an advanced interventional endoscopy fellowship at University of California, Los Angeles (Rank #3 in US News Best Hospitals*) where he was proficiently trained in advanced interventional procedures (>1500 cases) - ERCP, Endosonography diagnostic and interventional, endoscopic mucosal resection, enteral stenting, third space endoscopy, endoscopic suturing and a transplant hepatology fellowship at Columbia University in New York, NY where he learnt management of patients with various liver diseases before and after transplant. During his residency and fellowship training he received several awards and grants from American Gastroenterology Association, American College of Gastroenterology and European Association for the Study of the Liver.
- Saurabh Mukewar has >50 publications and text book chapters, multiple (>100) regional, national and international meeting presentations.
- His research has been cited >3100 times in various international journals creating a meaningful impact in Gastroenterology research.
- He has been invited to be on the national board of editors for the “Journal of Digestive Endoscopy” in year 2020 – the youngest member in a team of 14.
- He has been invited to be on an expert panel of 15 EUS experts across India to form consensus on EUS-guided biliary drainage by Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, India.
- He has also started a EUS fellowship program at Midas – one of the few centers in the country to offer specialized training in EUS.
- Two of his advanced endoscopy case videos have been selected among the top 12 videos from all over the world in the World Cup of Endoscopy at World Endoscopy Meeting in Kyoto, Japan (2022).
As a consultant gastroenterologist at Midas Hospital, he has become a pioneer of interventional gastroenterology in Central India with several new procedures and “firsts” in Central India.
- Third in the world to perform PREM procedure – Per Rectal Endoscopic Myotomy for Hirchsprung’s Disease
- First to perform Esophageal Endosponge therapy for Chronic Esophageal Fistula in India
- First to perform interventional EUS procedures like gallbladder drainage, pancreatico-gastrostomy, variceal coiling in Central India
- First to perform Radiofrequency abltation for Pancreatobiliary conditions in Central India
- First to perform G-POEM for Gastroparesis in Central India
- First to perform ARMS – Anti Reflux Mucosectomy in Central India
- First to perform Cholangioscopy and Pancreatoscopy in Vidarbha
USMLE Step 1 – 246 (99)
USMLE Step 2 CK – 252 (99)
USMLE Step 2 CS – Passed
USMLE Step 3 – 220 (93)
ECFMG certified on Dec. 1, 2009
Internal Medicine (ABIM) certified on Oct. 7, 2013 (top 10%)
Gastroenterology (ABIM) certified on Dec, 21, 2016 (top 5%)
Worked In Countries :
Contact Number for appointment:
7720033282 & 772003283
07 12-2434242 / 2430511 / 6612731 & 2467472